Start With a Safety Assessment

In addition to the products in our guide, we recommend that every older adult get a home safety assessment. Medicare will cover these assessments as long as they’re ordered by your primary care physician, so the first step is to speak to them. The agency that performs the assessment will bill Medicare and your Part B benefits will pay for the assessment.

Another good resource is this state-by-state guide to finding fall prevention resources near you from the National Council on aging. You can contact the fall prevention coalition in your area to see what types of support they offer.

older woman with curly grey hair looking at kitchen cabinet